The woman believed to be the passenger onboard of MH20 from Kuala Lumpur to Paris Charles De Gaulle on 4 August 2014 who made a complaint about “A Chief Steward attempted to rape her during flight”, is probably making financial demands to get her to shut up.
AFP story on the ‘Sexual assault onboard MH20′:
Malaysia Airlines steward ‘sexually assaulted’ passenger
Published: 14 Aug 2014 at 18.45 | Viewed: 922 | Comments: 0Online news: AsiaWriter: AFP
KUALA LUMPUR – A Malaysia Airlines cabin crew member has been detained in France over allegations that he sexually assaulted a passenger who was scared of flying with the disaster-prone airline.
File picture taken on May 14, 2014 shows a Malaysia Airlines staff member walking up to a flight prior to departure at Kuala Lumpur International Airport in Sepang
The case, involving the chief steward of a Paris-bound flight, is the latest setback for the struggling national carrier, which was struck by twin tragedies this year when one of its passenger jets went missing and another was shot down over conflict-torn east Ukraine.
The airline said in a statement Thursday that French police had detained a crew member for questioning following allegations by a passenger of “inappropriate sexual behaviour” on flight MH20 from Kuala Lumpur on August 4.
The Australian passenger complained to authorities about the incident after touchdown at Paris’ Charles de Gaulle airport, saying she had told crew at the beginning of the flight about her apprehension of flying with the airline in the wake of the two disasters.
The steward sat beside her and sexually assaulted her under the pretext of “comforting” her, she said, according to a source close to the French probe.
Malaysia Airlines vowed to assist French authorities in their investigation, adding “the safety, comfort and well-being of our passengers is always our highest priority”.
“Malaysia Airlines expects and accepts nothing short of the highest standards of conduct from its crew and takes any such allegations very seriously,” it said.
Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 disappeared mysteriously in March with 239 people aboard, en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. No trace has been found and the airline was widely criticised for its handling of the crisis.
On July 17, MH17 was shot down over Ukraine, with 298 people killed.
The airline stands on the financial brink after the disasters.
State investment fund Khazanah Nasional, which has controlled the airline for years via a 70 percent ownership stake, said last week that it plans to buy all remaining shares and de-list the company before undertaking a “complete overhaul”.
The Star report:
MAS crewman held over sexual assault
Friday, 15 August 2014
By: VICTORIA BROWN
KUALA LUMPUR: A cabin crew member of Malaysia Airlines has been detained for questioning by the French police for alleged inappropriate sexual behaviour towards a passenger.
The alleged incident occurred on Flight MH20 that was travelling from here to Paris on Aug 4.
MAS expects and accepts nothing short of the highest standards of conduct from its crew and takes any such allegations very seriously, the airline said in a statement yesterday.
“We will naturally assist the French authorities as they conduct their investigations and would stress that the safety, comfort and well-being of our passengers are always our highest priority,” the airline added, confirming a report by French news portal FranceTVInfo that a MAS crew member was being investigated for allegedly sexually assaulting an Australian passenger.
The incident purportedly happened when the passenger expressed nervousness about flying following the disappearance of Flight MH370 in March and the downing of Flight MH17 in July.
The report stated that the crew member sat next to the passenger under the pretext of comforting her before “sexually assaulting” her.
AFP reported that the passenger lodged a report with the French border police upon her arrival in Paris and the crew member was detained on Aug 7.
The Chief Steward, believed to be a cabin crew by the name of Mohd. Rosli Abd. Karim, is now under custody in a Paris lock up pending investigations. Non relatives have been denied access to the accused.
It is believed that lawyers reprising the passenger, probably someone by the name of Laura Bushney and believed to be an Australian, was said to have demanded £300,000.00 from the accused for the case to cease from proceeding any further.
It is believed that Bushney would appear on Channel 7 Australia on the evening of Sunday 24 August 2014, to tell her story.
Sydney Morning Herald story:
Laura Bushney breaks silence over sexual assault on Malaysia Airlines flight
August 22, 2014
submit to reddit
Email articlePrintReprints & permissions
Laura Bushney tells of her alleged sexual assault.
An aircraft steward believed he was comforting an Australian woman when he allegedly put his hands down her pants on a Malaysia Airlines flight, the female passenger has revealed.
Channel Seven’s Sunday Night will air a tell-all interview with 26-year-old Laura Bushney, who recorded the moment Mohd Rosli Bin Ab Karim, a married man with three children, put his hands under a blanket and down her pants while working.
Mr Rosli allegedly touched Bushney’s upper thigh before putting his hands under her clothing after being under the impression he was “comforting her”.
“He’s massaging my legs, I’m so scared I just want to get off this plane,” Bushney can be heard saying on the recording. “I don’t want to see you, go away, you give me the creeps you dirty old man.”
Bushney was travelling by herself when the 54-year-old steward allegedly sexually assaulted her, causing her to “freeze in panic”. Bushney recorded the incident on her iPhone under a blanket as well as another face-to-face altercation after the incident when Rosli realised he had been in the wrong.
“I just keep saying, ‘Why didn’t I scream, why didn’t I shout?'” Bushney told Sunday Night reporter Ross Coulthart. “I am a strong person because I can do that, I know I can. But when I was in the moment, I couldn’t. I felt so scared and so petrified.”
After MH20 touched down on August 4, Mr Rosli was detained by police at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport and remains in custody after making admissions relating to the sexual assault.
Given the disappearance of MH370 in March and the MH17 tragedy last month, Malaysia Airlines confirmed the allegations but has done very little to improve its tarnished image after making no attempt to offer compensation or counselling to the victim.
“Malaysia Airlines can confirm that the following allegations by a passenger travelling on flight MH20 from Kuala Lumpar to Paris of inappropriate sexual behaviour by a member of the cabin crew, the member of staff has been detained for questioning by the French police,” said the statement.
“Malaysia Airlines expects and accepts nothing short of the highest standards of conduct from its crew and takes any such allegations very seriously.”
Sunday Night airs 8.45pm Sunday, August 24 on Seven.
If the French Police and authorities is still investigating the case, then it is unsure why Bushney is going in front of Australian TV to bare all about her alleged rape cry against Chief Steward Rosli.
Unless she and Australian media have ulterior motives to paint the picture against Chief Steward Rosli and/or Malaysia Airlines.
Searches shown that Bushney is a person of dubious morality. An Instagram believed to be hers, shows that she is someone who is willing to share her lewd photos in public domain.
If Chief Steward Rosli did commit the ‘sexual assault’ as alleged, the he should be charged and tried under the French law. He must be allowed to defend himself. After all, as a National Union of Flight Attendants Malaysia (NUFAM) Exco, the union should step up to assist him.
Many wondered where exactly onboard the A380 aircraft that Chief Steward Rosli could progressed so far in ‘Sexual assault’ on Bushney, without the risk of someone ran into or saw them. Especially when she is an economy class passenger.
It is also funny if Bushney couldn’t cry for help when she was onboard, that she is courageous enough to appear on Australian national TV to tell her story.
Then again, there is a suspicion if not the possibility that Bushney through her lawyers is trying to profit from a case which has yet to be proven through the means of the legal system, including French.
That is immoral.
*Updated Monday 25 August 2014 1100hrs
Refresh on the Instagram account strongly believed to be Laura Bushney’s shown that all the photos, featured here as screenshots over 30 hours ago have been deleted.
That is a demonstration that Laura Bushney isn’t a credible person.