BERSIH 2.0: A Mat King Leather drama that will not happen

His Majesty Seri Paduka Baginda Yang DiPertuan Agong has spoken. Ambiga Sreenivasan and two others pseudo-anarchists were granted audience. Bottomline: BERSIH 2.0 will go to the stadium and not the streets.

Published: Tuesday July 5, 2011 MYT 3:53:00 PM
Updated: Tuesday July 5, 2011 MYT 4:59:09 PM

Bersih’s Ambiga: No street march, rally will be held in stadium

By LEE YEN MUN

Ambiga answering questions from the press outside Istana Negara

KUALA LUMPUR: Bersih 2.0 chief Datuk Ambiga Sreenevasan emerged after an audience with the King Tuesday and said the planned rally on Saturday would be held in a stadium.

There would be no street march, she told reporters.

She said Bersih would hold discussions with the Government about the venue.

On her audience with the King, she said: “We had a most wonderful meeting and are most grateful to the King.”

She was accompanied by Bersih steering committee member Zaid Kamaruddin and national laureate Datuk A Samad Said.

The leaders had made a request Monday for an audience with Yang di-Pertuan Agong Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin after he made a statement Sunday advising restraint and compromise as street demonstrations would do more harm than good.

**************

That was the call the Police made two weeks ago. For safety of properties and people, be it involved, passers by or even the usual Saturday crowd which include visitors and tourists, be spared of the inherent danger of tens of thousands marchers trotting about in the middle of the city. Too many NGOs demanded that BERSIH 2.0 advocators and organisers take what ever they are not happy about to the stadium. Over 2,000 Police reports were made against the intention to have the demonstration declared illegal by the Police.

Prime Minister Dato’ Seri Mohd. Najib Tun Abdul Razak also asked the same thing.

Police were mobilised. Intelligence and investigations were carried out. Arrests were made.  Trouble was brewing. 30 persons were found to be distributing materials propagating and glorifying a failed armed rebellion, believed to be brand new coercion for subversive. Since two days ago, weapons such as machettes and molotov cocktails were found stashed, for a specific sinister purpose.

Published: Tuesday July 5, 2011 MYT 7:19:00 PM
Updated: Tuesday July 5, 2011 MYT 7:23:03 PM

Weapons, explosives found in city centre

By M. KUMAR

KUALA LUMPUR: Police are combing the city for hidden caches of weapons and explosives after the discovery of molotov cocktails, machetes, and firecrackers stashed around the city centre.

The discovery of surgical face masks and Bersih 2.0 T-shirts along with the weapons has let police to believe that these were secret stockpiles to be used during the proposed July 9 rally.

Acting city police chief Senior Asst Comm Datuk Amar Singh said there was a possibility of more such caches throughout the city.

“We are using everything at our disposal including our K9 unit to look for these dangerous weapons and explosives,” he said during a press conference at the city police headquarters here Tuesday.

SAC Amar Singh said police have so far found eight molotov cocktails, over 40 ‘mercun bola’ firecrackers, three machetes, a knife, a saw, eight surgical face masks and four Bersih 2.0 t-shirts from three locations.

“All three caches were within 150m of each other and stashed there by the same group of people,” he said.

The stockpiles were discovered after two vendors near a shopping mall at Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman spotted three masked men in a silver Proton Waja acting suspiciously at 4.30am Monday.

SAC Amar Singh said police were currently studying CCTV footage and eye-witness accounts to determine the identity of the men.

Asked if the caches were hidden there by anti-Bersih groups to frame Bersih, he said police would investigate all angles.

“We will also be calling in Bersih 2.0 organisers to assist in the investigations,” he said.

**********************

Something really bad was being developed and the deadline is set on 9 July 2011. How bad it will be and how much damage is anyone’s guess. The stashed weapons are not to be taken very lightly.

This is something up Former-abuse-of-power-convict Anwar “Mat King Leather” Ibrahim’s evil sleeve of political modus operandi. He is a puppet-master of mobstreet violence as an avenue to rise onto power. His newly-elected-puppet-in-PAS Mohamad Sabu is geared to want that happened. After all, PAS Malays would always be the mainstay of force in any Opposition staged demonstration-evolving-to-mobstreet-violence.

Anwar’s disciples-of-the-devil are working seriously hard trying to topple the government via a “Peaceful demonstration of civil liberty like minded people”:

And today, all of that is minimised if not ended. The new BERSIH 2.o rally on Saturday would be a non event. Just like when Chinese Chauvinist DAP tried to start something sinister upon the sudden death of political aide Teoh Beng Hock almost two years ago. The stadium crowd made it an non event. Nothing evil happened to the volatile citizens of Klang Valley.

So, there would no longer be provocation whenever the demonstrators are on a face-off with the Police. This is becuase since it would be in a stadium, there would no longer arise the need for the Police to ask the demonstrators to disperse. When there is no provocation, then would be the Police clamp-down. No tear gas fired. No baton waving and FRU battalion charging. No handcuffing and rounding up into Police trucks.

Obviously, no dramatic photos nor footages.

This round, it is expected the drama that Opposition Leader Anwar “Mat King Leather” Ibrahim and his Opposition band-of-bandits hope  is dwindling down. No doubt thousands would converge in the stadium. But the threat against any staged violence is brought down significantly. For all intent and purpose, they could shout as much as they want to but Mat Sabu’s wet-dream of seeing a ‘Tahrir Square’ to bring down the government will now not happen.

The rakyat’s interest prevail.

Published in: on July 5, 2011 at 23:46  Comments (88)