PKR Vice President Tian Chua was charged for sedition today. It was about his statement on the “Lahad Datu Incident being an UMNO sandiwara, ‘Wag the Dog’ “.
KUALA LUMPUR: Parti Keadilan Rakyat’s vice president Tian Chua pleaded not guilty at the Sessions Court this morning to making seditious statements over the Lahad Datu intrusion.
He was charged with making the statements that:
1. Shooting in Lahad Datu was believed to be a conspiracy of the Umno government to divert attention and intimidate the people;
2. The incident has raised many questions and doubts as to the drama staged by the Umno government;
3. The intrusion in Lahad Datu was described as only a drama by the government to intimidate the people and make it seem that Sabah is not peaceful:
4. There is a conspiracy by the Umno government to divert the attention of the Sabahan, particularly from the issue of giving identity cards to foreigners.
Alleging that the charge against him was politically motivated, Tian Chua claimed trial.
He was charge under section 4 (1)(b) of the Sedition Act 1948 and upon conviction, he can be fined up to RM5,000 or not more than three years’ jail or both.
Judge Mohamad Sekeri Mamat set bail at RM5,000 in one surety and fixed April 12 for mention.
Read more: Tian Chua charged for uttering seditious words over Lahad Datu – Latest – New Straits Timeshttp://www.nst.com.my/latest/tian-chua-charged-for-uttering-seditious-words-over-lahad-datu-1.234686#ixzz2NUVXYvaG
And The Star’s earlier story:
Published: Thursday March 14, 2013 MYT 10:15:00 AM
Updated: Thursday March 14, 2013 MYT 12:17:16 PM
Tian Chua charged with sedition over “Umno conspiracy” remarks (Update)Tian Chua
KUALA LUMPUR: PKR vice-president Tian Chua has been charged under the Sedition Act 1948 with making statements linking Umno to the Lahad Datu shootings.
The Batu MP was charged under Section 4(1)(b) for alleging that the Lahad Datu incident was a conspiracy by the Umno government to divert attention and frighten the people.
He allegedly made the statements at 11am on March 1 at No 62-2-A, Fraser Business Park, Jalan Loke Yew here. He claimed trial.
Judge Mohamad Sekeri Mamat allowed bail at RM5,000 and fixed Apr 12 for mention.
Tian Chua was represented by Latheefa Koya and N. Surendran.
The charge carries a fine of RM5,000 or one to three years’ jail or both for the first offenders and five years for the subsequent offence.
Let us get the three facts about this charge, on someone who once found guilty of biting a Policeman on duty and led the mob charge across the Police line towards the Police in BERSIH 2.0 demonstration.
1. The Lahad Datu Incident has been proven to be an armed intrusion that from 1 March turned into a battle between this illegal Royal Sulu Forces and the Royal Malaysian Police, Armed Forces and backed by the entire Federal Government and Sabah State Government agencies to resolve the matter. At the same time, the same agencies were mobilized and co-ordinated to ensure the security and minimize the inconvenience of Sabahans in a few districts along the Sabah East Coast.
As such, Prime Minister Dato’ Seri Mohd. Najib Tun Razak announced the Special Security Area in five districts along the East Coast of Sabah which was modeled after the Rajang Security Command when the threats against Sarawakians was being resolved in 1970s. It has been renamed East Sabah Security Command (ESSCOM).
2. So far the attack at Kg Tanduo in Lahad Datu, Kg Simunul and Senalang in Semporna, Ops Sulu and Ops Daulat already at the cost of the ultimate sacrifice three Police officers, five Police personnel and two Army personnel. The six Policemen killed in Semporna were inhumanly murdered and the whole kampung of innocent civilians were under extremely hostility of brutal armed intruders for almost 30 hours.
3. Tian Chua was charged because of the public made 320 Police reports against him. It is so overwhelming on how the Malaysian public across the country was outraged for this, which include ex-Policemen and ex-Servicemen associations
This is not all about politics. This is about a Malaysian politician who took his ‘Politics of Hatred’ strategy to the border that he should be regarded as a traitor to the Federal Constitution and Malaysian public.
It is unimaginable that Opposition could go so low in their ‘Politics of Hatred’ strategy. And yet time and again they break their own record.