UMNO Deputy President Tan Sri Muhyiddin Mohd. Yassin in his closure speech at the 64th UMNO General Assembly focused on issues pertaining to education and Islam, as a take away for this year’s meet.
1. All education bureau at division level is to participate in National Education Blueprint. Their role is to get the local community in understanding and roll out of the policy
2. “Lifelong Learning for Islam” introduced in the opening speech of the Wanita, Pemuda and Puteri UMNO general assembly on Tuesday is to use existing community colleges as the platform and special programs instituted
3. Learning of Al Quran in all schools would be intensified and ensure all school leavers khatam the Holy Book by the time they leave school
4. More schemes to convert PTPTN as scholarship would be introduced, based on merit
5. The roll out for school-based evaluation system instead of examination-based evaluation system for the education system
Prime Minister Dato’ Sri Mohd. Najib Tun Razak in his closure speech announced that Maybank would temporarily suspend all commitments affected by home and property owners affected by the flood. A special RM500.00 relief fund would be issued to all affected families.