Opposition Leaders shamelessly tried to score with sordid political puns measured in a fraction of an inch with British Prime Minister David Cameron’s working visit to Malaysia next week.
Pro-Anwarista news portal story:
Opposition leaders warn British PM ahead of meeting with Najib
Published: 25 July 2015 9:50 AM
Opposition leaders have criticised the timing of British Prime Minister David Cameron’s visit to Malaysia next week, saying it could send a signal that Downing Street was indifferent to allegations surrounding Datuk Seri Najib Razak in the 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) scandal.
Britain’s Financial Times (FT) quoted PKR vice-president Nurul Izzah Anwar as saying that Cameron’s visit could show the UK government was not concerned about “the current scandal-ridden ground on which Najib treads”, while DAP’s Tony Pua warned that any support to Najib would taint Britain’s image “as a country which supports democratic principles and good governance”.
But a British official appeared to defend the visit, saying Cameron believed in engaging with all leaders.
“He has said that the way to talk about issues is to have an engaging relationship and try and work with countries.
“Malaysia is a longstanding partner of the UK and the relationship is important for our prosperity and security,” FT quoted a source in Downing Street as saying.
The Najib government is currently battling allegations of mismanagement and corruption surrounding his brainchild, 1MDB, which has raked up debts up to RM42 billion.
The saga took a twist after The Wall Street Journal’s expose last month that billions of ringgit from the state-owned fund had allegedly ended in Najib’s personal bank accounts, an allegation the Malaysian prime minister has denied.
Cameron and Najib had met at the height of the Bersih protests for electoral reforms in Kuala Lumpur in 2011, sparking criticism from Malaysians in the UK.
Cameron is in a series of high-profile meetings with Asian leaders to promote British trade outside Europe, which includes meeting Chinese president Xi Jinping and Indian prime minister Narendra Modi later this year.
“We need to go to the ends of the earth to sell our wares,” he wrote recently in Britain’s Daily Mail.
According to FT, Britain has been keen to sell its Eurofighter Typhoon military jets to Malaysia, and ministers were disappointed to see the aircraft lose out to rivals in the United Arab Emirates, Singapore and India. – July 25, 2015.
These working visits are important for both countries, especially Malaysia and Britain went a very long way in political, cultural, educational, judicial, legislative, military, administrative and most of all, trade.
Prime Minister Cameron is representing the various interests of British corporations tapping into the growth of the Malaysia economy, which include military assets acquisition. The last major military assets acquired from Britain were the two Lekiu Class F2000 frigates which were built by BAe Systems at Yarrow Docks, near Glasgow and delivered 15 years ago.
There are many common interests between Malaysia and Britain at this juncture and how closer diplomatic, working and commercial relationship of both nation could be mutually very important of moving ahead in the midst of global challenges.
Economic slow down, global terrorism threat, Islamnophobia and regional geo-politics could be some of the agenda which should be on the table between the two prime ministers.
The downing of MH17 and Malaysia’s role as ASEAN Chairman and a non permanent member in UN Security Council could be an item as the currency for mutually better co-operation for both countries.
Prime Minister Najib should ask Prime Minister Cameron to foster greater role and potency of the Five-Power-Defense-Agreement. It then could be escalated it into a FPDA Plus or even a Far East Commonwealth Maritime Force which could be introduced in this region for starters.
One of the main outcome of this is the policing of international waters for safe passage of international maritime route and regional and global terrorism and piracy.
Three Commonwealth nations in the region could be drawn into a very sticky conundrum in the wake and growing China’s PLA Navy military manoeuvres and expansionary tendencies with regards to China’s interest in the fictitious ‘Nne-Dash-Line’ of the multiple claims on South
Opposition MPs such as Pua and Nurul Izzah are arguing against Cameron’s visit to Malaysia next week for the wrong basis. Britain should be concerned about “Tainting the Britain’s image ‘as a country which supports democratic principles and good governance’ ” if Prime Minister Cameron in any way supports the Malaysian Oppositions’ sordid politics and propensity to lie.
Yesterday, Home Ministry suspended The Edge Media Group (TEMG) weekly and daily publications because of they were willing to use deception and cheated to obtain stolen e mail for stories. Then they used these unlawfully obtained information and use them.
At the same time, this pro-Anwar Ibrahim media group echo and perpetuate the carefully concoction of half truths, manipulated and distorted stories and lies.
These echoing and perpetuating the endless publications of concoction of half truths, manipulated and distorted stories and lies would also lead in the public distrust into the government, corporate governance, capital and debt markets control and supervision etc.
Aggregated, it is a sleek and cunning effort of an economic sabotage. That tantamounts to a threat to national security.
All are not for the principles of democracy but extending a political agenda.
The owner of TEMG Tong Kooi Ong yesterday personally admitted through his own newspaper that they have bastardised journalism ethics and principles with attempt of bribery and eventually deception as avenues to get stories. Not to mention that cheating and possession of stolen goods are acts of crime.
If the process of getting stories are tainted, then the stories churned out would be further skewed or even laced with more lies.
This is no mystery because Tong was implicated as a staunch Anwar Ibrahim close aide and major financial aggregator when former Assistant Governor of Bank Negara Malaysia Dato’ Murad Khalid issued a statutory declaration about Tong’s involvement and role.
STATUTORY DECLARATION DATO ABDUL MURAD KHALID
I, Dato’ Abdul Murad Bin Khalid (NRIC No. 531215-08-5957), a Malaysian citizen of full age and care of No. 104, Jalan Setiabakti 9, Bukit Damansara, 50490 Kuala Lumpur, do hereby solemnly and sincerely declare as follows:-
1. On 16th September 1999 I was charged with failing to disclose truthfully information on Ben Harta Sdn Bhd (BHSB) shares and 51 of its properties allegedly held for my benefit pursuant to section 87(2)(c) Banking and Financial Institutions Act 1989 (BAFIA).
2. In order to do justice for my own sake, I must make a public declaration on certain matters connected with the various positions I held in Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) so as to show to the public at large the nature and stresses/ strains that were attendant to these positions. This public statement is also intended to provide the public with the proper perspectives of the machinations of the former Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim (“DSAI”) who was also the Finance Minister and hence the Minister directly in command of BNM.
3. As one of the top executives in BNM, I invariably came into contact with Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim who took a liking for me – and subsequently entrusted me to carry out some of his instructions, what has come to be believed by me now to further his political ambitions. In furtherance of his political scheme, Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim instructed me to implement certain corporate exercises in favour of his friends and cronies. The debts of his cronies were cleared/ settled using the profits from deals using the influence of BNM.
4. Amongst the most significant corporate exercises is the takeover of Sikap-Power, the concession holder of the Independent Power Project (IPP) at Lumut, Perak. The concession was sold to MRCB on the instruction of Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim and MRCB later injected the ‘concession’ into Malakof Berhad, which is the subsidiary of MRCB. I believe that a profit of about RM50 million from this deal went to one of DSAI’s political funds.
5. A male Chinese named Tong Kooi Ong, is also involved significantly in raising, financial assistance for Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim. Tong Kooi Ong is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Phileo Allied Berhad, which is listed on the Main Board of the KLSE. Phileo Allied Bank is also under the control of Tong Kooi Ong. Tong Kooi Ong came into contact with Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim on mv introduction and they subsequently became very close. Tong Kooi Ong subsequently disclosed to me that in return -for the favours granted to him by Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim, he had established a “Master Account” -under his control. From which financial contributions could be made for the interests of Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim. This Master Account is to derive revenues from the holding of shares and buildings. At one point Tong Kooi Ong confided in me that the Master Account was worth RM200 million based on the values of shares and building assigned to it.
6. I believe there are at least 20 other “Master Accounts” established for Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim by his various cronies. I believe that the total funds in these 20 Master Accounts run into more that RM3 billion. DSAI’s modus operandi is to divide and rule and the operator of each Master Account is not aware of the existence of the other Master Accounts. I believe the Government is aware of who these cronies are.
7. As far as I know and through my own involvement, more than RM120 Million has been paid to Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim, his cronies and the organisations he used to advance his own political ambitions. For example it is within my personal knowledge that on the instructions of Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim funds from the Master Account was paid to himself and the following persons and organisations known to be affiliated or connected to him between 1992 to 1997:-
(1) to himself (DSAI) – RM50 million
(2) Dato Abdullah Ahmad (UN) – RM 5 Million
(3) Dato Nasaruddin Jalil – RM10 Million
(4) Asia Pacific Policy Centre (APPC) – RM 38 million & Douglas H. Paal – (USD 10.0 Million)
(5) Institut Kajian Dasar – (IKD)RM5 Million
(6) Aliran & Dr. Chandra Muzaffar – RM5 Million
(7) ABIM – RM 5 Million – International Institute of Islamic Thoughts (IIIT) – RM 2 Million
(8) A UK-based Islamic Foundation – RM 1 Million
TOTAL RM 121 Million
8. I am also informed that Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim instructed Tong Kooi Ong to take into his employ Puan Shamsidar and one Encik Rahman, which he did. Puan Shamsidar is the wife of Encik Azmin Ali, the Private Secretary to Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim. It is widely known that Puan Shamsidar is generously remunerated and is provided with a car and driver and most of the time she did not need to go to work.
9. I must make a special mention of the American based Organisation called Asia Pacific Policy Centre (APPC) headed by Douglas H. Paal, the former Senior Director from Asian Affairs (1989 to 1993) of the National Security Council (NSC) of the United States of America. Douglas H. Paal left the National Security Council to start APPC in 1993 funded mainly by contributions from Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim. I was responsible for arranging USD IO Million in contributions to APPC and Douglas. H. Paal on Datuk Seri Anwar’s instructions. I believe that other cronies of Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim also made substantial contributions to APPC and Douglas H. Paal. Although I cannot ascertain the exact quantum of their contributions, I am convinced that they ran into millions of US Dollars. APPC and Douglas H. Paal are one of the main vehicles used by Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim to promote his image in the Western countries, mainly in Washington, USA and the United Kingdom and other European nations. APPC also lobbied strongly for Datuk Seri Anwar lbrahim with the international media organisations.
10. APPC organised “The Pacific Dialogue” conferences under the patronage of Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim. The First Pacific Dialogue was held in Penang sometime in November 1994. The Second Pacific Dialogue was held in January 1996, the Third Pacific Dialogue in November 1996 and the Fourth Pacific Dialogue in January 1998. There was supposed to be a Fifth Pacific Dialogue to be held in December 1998 but it was cancelled because the Patron was no longer the Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister of Malaysia. All the Pacific Dialogue conferences were held in Malaysia because Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim was the major source of funding for APPC.
11. In what I strongly believe as tantamount to a betrayal of public trust, Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim also insisted that APPC should manage BNM’s reserves of RM50 Billion and the EPF fund in return for the services provided to him by APFC. Alternatively a hefty fee of USD 3 Million was to be paid annually to APPC for the cost of running the Centre in Washington. Fortunately this instruction of Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim for APPC to manage the above funds was never put into effect. What I have stated above goes to prove without doubt that Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim was indeed an unscrupulous leader who was prepared to sacrifice the country’s coffers for the benefit of its political ambition with the help of foreign element. The current developments that are taking place in the country which threatened the public peace and well being of the Rakyat to further Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim’s political ambition are ample proof to support this assertion.
12. I was also directed by Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim, then already appointed as the Finance Minister, to assist the following persons to clear their debts as described below:-
(a) Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim instructed me to help settle the debt of Tan Sri Abdullah Ahmad (now the permanent representative to the United Nations) with Bank Bumiputra of more than 10 Million. I helped to negotiate the settlement amount of RM7 Million. An amount, of RM5 Million was taken from the Master Account to help pay the debt. The balance of RM2 Million came from Tan Sri Ahmad Abdullah from the sale of his land.
(b) Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim instructed me to help settle Puan Marina Yusof’s debt with local banks amounting to more than RM20 Million. I presented her application to the Tabung Pemulihan Usahawan (TPU) for assistance to develop her land along Jalan Tun Razak, on which is now the completed Complex Marinara. The TPU panel approved her application. Puan Marina Yusof is extremely grateful to Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim.
(c) Penang based Mercury Securities owed MUI Bank more than RM I0 million secured by a 3rd party land charge. The majority shareholder is Chew Seng Guan and one Encik Ahmad Kamal whom Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim groomed to be up-and-coming Bumiputera businessman and politician. I subsequently helped to arrange for the sale of the land to Matang Emas Sdn. Bhd. a company owned by Encik Taib Hamid, the sale of which incidentally also sorted out some of Encik Taib Hamid’s personal problems. The same piece of land was later sold to TPPT Sdn Bhd by Encik Taib for a low cost housing project which is now known as Taman Tun Perak.
(d) Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim instructed me to help Dato’ Nazri Abdullah’s Group to take over NST Group from Renong. I sought the assistance of Hong Leong Group to structure the deal. I spoke to Seow Lun Hoo and Quek Leng Chan of Hong Leong. They proposed that Dato’ Nazri’s Group use MRCB as vehicle to take over the shares of NST. I then spoke to Maybank to arrange a loan for Dato’ Nazri to buy into MRCB and another loan for MRCB to buy into NST.
(e) I was directed by Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim to help Encik Faiz Abdullah (Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim’s ghost writer), together with Seow Lun Hoo of Hong Leong to buy into Kewangan Usaha Bersatu Berhad (KUBB), then owned by ldris Hydraulic Berhad. The scheme involved using Arus Murni Berhad formerly known as Timuran Berhad, a company listed on the Main Board of the KLSE as the holding company. I approached the following banks to help syndicate the loan for the purchase of KUBB shares costing above RM400 million:
i. Hong Leong Bank ii. Hong Leong Finance iii. Sime Bank iv. RHB Bank v. Southern Bank vi. BSN Commercial Bank.
Faiz Abdullah is a verv clever ghost writer and political operator for Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim. He is also a lawyer, ex-journalist and ex-Special Branch police officer.
13. My involvement with Tong Kooi Ong and “Master Account” in furtherance of Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim’s instructions landed me in trouble with the law. On 16th September 1999 1 was charged with failing to disclose truthfully information on Ben Harta Sdn Bhd shares and 51 of its properties allegedly held for my benefit totalling RM23.9 million.
14. I must state that I never knew the two gentlemen purportedly to be the shareholders of Ben Harta Sdn Bhd i.e Gan Hong Sin @ Lan Hong Sing and Gan Sor Ting. Tong Kooi Ong did indicate to me that this company holds properties and shares as part of the scheme to raise funds for Datuk Seri Anwar. I have never been shown or seen the books of the Master Account handled by Tong Kooi Ong. I am not aware of any shares held by Ben Harta on my behalf, nor the locations of the 51 properties allegedly also held on my behalf, except one (1) apartment and one (1) bungalow which I was entrusted to maintain for purpose of investment and to be later sold for the Master Account.
15. I stronglv believe that wrong information has been given to the authorities implicating me with Ben Harta Sdn Bhd. I point my finger at Tong Kooi Ong and the two shareholders of Ben Harta. They have implicated me to save their own skin.
16. Apart from the properties held under Ben Harta Sdn Bhd. I also know that a few properties have been bought for investment and the Master Account and for Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim’s future personal use. These properties located around Kuala Lumpur are valued at about RM15 million.
17. As regards the damaging policies adopted by BNM following the economic recession in July 1997, I must categorically, state that I was opposed strongly to these policies. I opposed the “Legal Lending Limit”, the reduction of NPLs (non-performing loans) from 6 months to 3 months, the “Credit Crunch” introduced in October 1997 and the Higher Rate of Interest. These were all policies endorsed and adopted by Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim. A few concerned BNM officers/ executives and I tried to halt these policies from being implemented. Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim even censured me for speaking out against these policies. He accused me of being “too close to the market”. I now realise that these harsh measures -were Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim’s political plan to crush the economy and bring Malaysia to its knees in order to invite in the International Monetary Fund (IMF) to enable Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim to force Dr Mahathir to resign and take over the Prime Minister’s position.
18. Following my arrest and my subsequent resgination as Executive Director of RHB Bank Berhad I have thought over my involvement with Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim and have come to realise that what I have done, though as I said earlier was forced upon me as one of the Executives in BNM, is indeed very regrettable. I now realise that I have been exploited and made use of by Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim to hold assets for his political and personal use and benefit. These assets including those held under Ben Harta, do not belong to me. As such, it is up to the government to take the necessary legal action in respect of their disposal, including forfeiture if permissible.
19. I now call upon all peace loving and loyal citizens of Malaysia to reject all the political manoeuvres by Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim and his supporters and instead support all the economic and fiscal efforts to bring back the economic well being of the country. I am ever ready and willing to go public to denounce the improprieties and machinations of Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim in furtherance of his political ambitions that are indeed detrimental to national peace, security and political stability.
20. In conclusion, I state in unequivocal terms that this Press Conference/Release made by way of Statutory Declaration was made by me voluntarily, without any inducement, threat or promise or coercion from any quarter, nor in return for any favours or special treatment in connection with the charge that I am now facing AND I make this solemn declaration conscientiously, believing the same to be true and by virtue of the Statutory Declaration Act, 1960.
Signed by the above named
DATO’ ABDUL MURAD BIN KHALID
at Kuala Lumpur, the day of 26 Oct 1999.
Pua and Nurul Izzah have time and again been proven to lie for their sordid politics, which include rubbishing and demonising agencies of the Malaysian Government in the name of their sordid politics of hatred.
Nurul lied about the Perdana Class submarines inability to dive to an Indonesian press. She lied and demonised BN candidate for Lembah Pantai Raja Nong Chik Raja Zainal Abidin during the 13GE campaign.
She even rubbished the judges in the augur chambers of Dewan Rakyat session.
Recently, Pua demonstrated his ability to bastardise his position and role of unbecoming a member of the Parliamentary Public Accounts Committee by gunning down 1MDB when the process of investigation had yet to be completed.
Prime Minister Cameron would not tolerate such blatant disrespectful act of political display.
It is very low for Opposition MPs to capitalise on the slightest opportunity to echo and perpetuate their sordid bankrupt politics which is laced with fabrication and lies, at the expense of the nation’s interests.