Klepetocracy

The hypocrisy of Pakatan Harapan Chiarman Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad is glaringly abundant when he is completely silent on the RM305 million consultancy for the bogus Penang channel project.

The Star story:

Works Ministry yet to receive Penang tunnel reports after 18 month

 

  • Monday, 9 Oct 2017

PETALING JAYA: The Works Ministry says it has yet to receive “a single page” of the tunnel reports promised by the Penang state government 18 months ago.

Works Minister Datuk Seri Fadillah Yusof (pic) said that Penang Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng had written to him in April last year asking for the “tunnel to be changed to a bridge”.

“I told him that our ministry cannot approve (this) based on a two-page letter and had asked them to send me their feasibility and detailed design studies of the three roads and tunnel that cost them RM305mil in consultancy fees alone,” Fadillah said in a statement Monday.

He added that his ministry was “very eager and curious” to see the reports which had cost the Penang government RM305mil.

“However, he (Lim) did not send anything to me,” said Fadillah.

“He then gave the excuse that the studies were 83% completed, promised that it would be completed by the end of last year, and would send it to us once done.

“That did not happen,” he said.

When asked again about the delay in March this year, Fadillah said that Lim said that the reports were only 87% completed and promised they would be sent in six months.

“Again, the deadline has passed and as of today, we have yet to receive a single page of these reports,” said Fadillah.

“I find the delay very unusual as the project was awarded in April 2013,” he said.

Fadillah said construction has not yet started as the RM305mil reports were not ready.

He also said that if projects under his ministry had experienced similar delays, it would come under heavy criticism by the Opposition.

Read more at http://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2017/10/09/works-ministry-yet-to-receive-penang-tunnel-reports-after-18-months/#kFWez7TGTU5b28dR.99

****************

The Malay Mail Online story:

Monday October 9, 2017
06:29 PM GMT+8

ICYMI

image: http://www.themalaymailonline.com/uploads/articles/2017/2017-06/fadillah_yusof_bernama_120617_01.jpg

Fadillah said he found the delay 'very unusual' given that the contract was awarded in April 2013 and that no progress has since taken place after the Penang government paid almost RM220 million for it. — Bernama picFadillah said he found the delay ‘very unusual’ given that the contract was awarded in April 2013 and that no progress has since taken place after the Penang government paid almost RM220 million for it. — Bernama picKUALA LUMPUR, Oct 9 — The Works Ministry said today it has yet to receive feasibility reports on the Penang tunnel project.Its minister, Datuk Seri Fadillah Yusof, said Penang Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng first promised to deliver the report in April last year, but had not done so yet.

“At that time, we were very eager and curious to see what reports that cost RM305 million looks like as based on our ministry’s experience, it seems vastly overpriced,” Fadillah said in a statement issued today.

The feasibility report, Fadillah said, was requested after Lim wanted to change the tunnel to a bridge.

“However, he (Lim) did not send anything to me,” he added.

Fadillah claimed Lim had then promised that the report would be submitted by the end of last year, but had not done so.

“In March this year, the Penang CM said it was still only 87 per cent completed and promised that they will send it six months later,” he said, adding the deadline has since passed.

Fadillah said he found the delay “very unusual” given that the contract was awarded in April 2013 and that no progress has since taken place after the Penang government paid almost RM220 million for it.

“If a project by our ministry experiences delay or have areas of concern like their project, we would have been under intense criticism by the Opposition with many allegations of corruption or cronyism,” he said.

Previously, Barisan Nasional Strategic Communications deputy director Datuk Eric See-To claimed that the Penang state government had overpaid the consulting fees for the three paired roads component of the undersea tunnel project.

Read more at http://www.themalaymailonline.com/malaysia/article/putrajaya-says-have-yet-to-receive-feasibility-reports-on-penang-tunnel#I0O5QZpv8742a6Jd.99

******************

The failure to produce the said reports despite RM220 million already being paid should be seen as an act tantamount to fraud.

The Board of Engineers already opined the consultancy fees are 400% above practice.

It is highly unusual for design and feasibility study jobs awarded more than 54 months ago is yet to be completed, having to consider than RM220 million already paid.

Considering Penang State Government under Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng condoned to this act to fraud, the DAP led Government should be  be spoken in the tone as a ‘Kleptocracy Government’.

At the moment, Chief Minister Lim has also been charged for graft and awaiting trial.

Dr Mahathir should make his stand on the matter because this is real public interest and the delay tactics is an apparent manifestation for the DAP leaders unable to answer for the real ‘Klepetocracy’.

 

Advertisements
Published in: on October 9, 2017 at 23:59  Leave a Comment